Monday to Friday
The Musée de l’Homme’s library brings together an outstanding collection of documents on Prehistory, Biological Anthropology and Ethnoecology. Its Museology, Political Ecology and Food collections are also significant.
Monday to Friday from 1:00 Pm to 5:00 pm
Open to all
On presentation of a research purpose
Musée de l'Homme
17 Place du Trocadéro
One of the Muséum national d’Histoire naturelle’s specialised libraries, the Yvonne Oddon library is home to 35,000 books, 800 journals of which around 100 are contemporary journals; the library provides for free access to 11,000 volumes in the reading room.
Are you a researcher, student or exhibition designer? The library is at your service. It is also open to anyone who can demonstrate a particular interest in the areas covered.
The 200-sq.m. reading room (level 4, main pavilion) has 28 seats for consulting the publications.
- 35,000 books, 800 journals and 30,000 offprints.
- Free access to 11,000 books and the most recent editions of roughly 70 journals.
- Remote access to 12,000 electronic documents.
- 28 seats.
- 3 computer stations and on-site laptop loan.
- 1 video magnifier
- Loan of documents and inter-library loan for Museum staff and students.
- Shuttle service for documents from the Museum’s other libraries.