Starting with the ramp at the entrance, the entire museum is accessible to people with reduced mobility.
Lifts are at your disposal to explore the museum's permanent collections and temporary exhibitions. For further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at the following e-mail address: accessibilite.museedelhomme [@] mnhn.fr.
All the Musée de l'Homme's activities are accessible to visitors with reduced mobility. Free admission for disabled persons and their companion or carer, on presentation of proof at the reception desk.
- If requested in advance via the contact email address, assistance is available from the reception desk to the exhibition areas or to the nearest transport.
- There is a ramp outside to the right of the museum entrance leading to the reception area.
- Lifts are available to the exhibition spaces.
- Stairs are equipped with handrails.
- Five wheelchairs, folding chairs and three illuminated magnifying glasses are available for loan at the reception desk upon presentation of identification.
- The toilets and cloakrooms are accessible to people with reduced mobility.
- Frequent seating is available in the permanent collections.
- Dedicated seating for people with reduced mobility are available in the auditorium.
Upon reservation, guided tours with a trained guide are offered to groups of people with motor disabilities.
For safety reasons, a maximum number of 7 wheelchairs (excluding the companion or carer) must be respected in the permanent exhibition areas. In the temporary exhibition areas, the capacity is variable. Please contact us for more information.
Reservations are required for all tour formats: self-guided tours, guided tours and workshops.
Reservations can be made online on our website dedicated to group bookings.
What's on at the Musée de l'Homme
Check out our full programme (exhibition, events, …) on our events calendar.